2. The Service may only be used for lawful purposes. You shall not use the Kootenai Community Alert Service (the "Service") to:
register any user that does not have your express permission
impersonate any person or entity, including, but no limited to, a Kootenai County official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
provide access to the Service to any third party who is not an Authorized User, or access the Service in a network, or in any other multiple use arrangement, which is not authorized by Kootenai County in advance in writing
forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Service
Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service
take any action that disrupts, tampers with, interferes with, or imposes an unreasonable burden on the Service, the Software or the Server
use or attempt to use any engine, software tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, or other intelligent agents) to navigate, search, access, monitor or copy the Service or the Software
upload or attempt to upload to the Server any files, computer, code, viruses, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit communications equipment
provide material support or resources to any terrorist organization
"frame," "mirror," or otherwise incorporate any part of the Service or Software into any other website without permission; or
intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable municipal, state or federal law(s) or regulation(s)
3. You are responsible for payment of any service fees associated with sending and/or receiving emails, text messages and/or voice messages through the Service. In addition, there may be a cost for the receipt of a message, depending on your carrier's cell phone/smartphone package, which you are also responsible for payment of.
4. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account and for all content or data that you make available through the Service. You shall ensure that you use the Service in accordance and in compliance with these Terms of Participation, any related Service documentation and with all laws. In the event that you become aware of an inappropriate use of the Service, you are obligated to notify Kootenai County and/or HipLink Software of the problem.
5. Kootenai County, licensor of the service, and HipLink Software, and their respective agents cannot and will not guarantee the delivery or the timing of any delivery of any message, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings, wholly, or in part. Kootenai County, licensor of the service, and HipLink Software, and their respective agents do not warrant that operation of the Service will be uninterrupted, error free, free of technical problems or that it will meet all of your needs. You expressly acknowledge and agree that the use of the Service is at your sole risk and that neither Kootenai County nor HipLink Software can guarantee the absolute security of the Service or the host server.
6. Kootenai County and HipLink Software each reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Kootenai County and HipLink Software shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
7. Kootenai County, licensor of the service, and HipLink Software, and their respective agents are not liable for the failure of the delivery or storage of any message, in whole or in part, or for any delay in the receipt of any message for any reason. The user holds harmless, Kootenai County, HipLink Software, and each of their agents.
8. To indemnify and hold Kootenai County, HipLink Software, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of any content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms of Participation or your violation of any rights of another.
9. Kootenai County, HipLink Software, and their respective logos, trademarks, and service marks, are trademarks of Kootenai County and HipLink Software. Without the prior permission of Kootenai County and HipLink Software, you agree not to display or use these marks in any manner.
10. You may only rebroadcast a message sent through the Service in its exact, unmodified form and in its entirety. Also, Kootenai County reserves the right to prohibit the rebroadcast of any message or portion thereof.
11. It is your responsibility to sign-up for the Service and ensure your information remains current. You may choose to unsubscribe to this Service at any time by entering the User ID profile through the citizens web page and by selecting the "Unsubscribe" button. All personal identities will be deleted.
12. By clicking I ACCEPT and saving your information with us you agree to the Terms of Participation.
Do you accept the Terms of Participation?
The Kootenai Community Alert Service is powered by